Microsoft ADO.NET 4.0 Step by Step
by Tim Patrick
Published by Microsoft Press, October 2010
eBook: Amazon.com (Kindle Edition)
Source Code: From O’Reilly Media
Teach yourself how to use ADO.NET 4, the data access technology that helps you create data-focused software faster and easier. With STEP BY STEP, you set the pace — building and practicing the skills you need, just when you need them!
Gain a firm understanding of the fundamental concepts and tools provided with ADO.NET 4.0, one feature at a time. With clear discussions and hands-on examples written in Visual Basic and C#, you’ll move step-by-step through the learning process.
- Manage data and information in a database-like fashion — without access to a database
- Connect to external data sources, including databases and other standard data formats
- Use Entity Framework to interact with underlying data stores
- Learn why LINQ is a popular tool for analyzing information retrieved by ADO.NET
- Drive information to end users by binding data directly to Windows Forms and Web Forms
- Go beyond the core functionality of ADO.NET to manipulate data in advanced ways
Your online learning resources include:
- Files for building skills and practicing the book’s lessons
- Examples and code in both the Visual Basic and C# languages
- Fully searchable eBook
Click here to access Tim’s other books.