For Further Reading
Books are great, but this is the twenty-first century. The links on this page supplement The Well-Read Man site with more great content.
While my school teachers made sure I had the skills to read books all by myself, a project of this magnitude requires support from others. These links introduce you to the friends and professionals who helped me make The Well-Read Man a reality.
- Seth Sherwood-Flores - One of my coaches for this project, Seth Sherwood is the founder and president of the non-profit organization Famiy Reading Inc., whose mission is to help families become literacy leaders.
- Tom Trzyna, Ph.D. - Professor of English at Seattle Pacific University, Renaissance man, and world traveler, Dr. Trzyna is one of my coaches for the Well-Read Man project.
The following links provide additional content you might find interesting or useful in your reading pursuits.
- A Literary Odyssey - This site is like the Well-Read Man Project, but on steroids. Allie, the host, is reading 250 great books in three years!
- A Novel Challenge - A place to find TBR (to be read) reading challenges. This site lists other blogs of people who want to challenge you to a reading contest. Updated regularly.
- The Great Books Foundation - The Foundation was started in 1947 by Mortimer Adler and Robert Maynard Hutchins, the same duo behind the Great Books series. The Foundation provides many reading programs focusing on important writings.